Press and Cultural Section
Welcome to the website of the Press and Cultural Affairs Department of the Consulate General of the Netherlands in Istanbul.
The Press and Cultural Affairs Department maintains contacts with the Turkish and Dutch press and gives information to the public. The Press and Cultural Affairs Department supports Dutch culture in Turkey and supports and stimulates Turkish-Dutch cultural exchange.
Furthermore we aim to:
- Give information about Dutch cultural policy and Dutch cultural organisations
- Give general and specific information about the international cultural policy of the Netherlands and the cultural institutions and subsidy possibilities
- Execute the international cultural policy of the Netherlands in Turkey
- Maintain contacts with Turkish and Dutch institutions and organisations
- Maintain contacts with Turkish and Dutch media in Turkey
- Support Dutch art and culture in Turkey
- Supervise and stimulate events and projects that focus on Dutch culture and society
The Press and Cultural Affairs Department can contribute to the costs of the Dutch cultural events throughout Turkey. The projects we support range from big festivals and cultural activities to upcoming young artists and artistic initiatives.
Some of the conditions that should be met when handing in an application are mentioned below:
1. The project applicant should be local;
2. The project should help to strengthen the Netherlands’ international cultural profile and cultural cooperation between the Netherlands and Turkey.
3. The activity should not yet have started;
4. There must be a clear link with Dutch culture, Dutch cultural institutes and/ or Dutch artists.
5. There must be a financial involvement of a Turkish partner;
6. Applications by the same partners within a short period of time are not preferred.
7. Structural cooperation between NL-TR partners and a follow-up of projects are appreciated.
If your project complies with the above criteria and you wish to apply for a project at the Dutch representation, you can fill out the application form (http://istanboel.nlconsulaat.org/bijlagen/consulaat_generaal/afdelingen/pers_en_culturele_zaken/applicatie-formulier-projecten.html) and send it to us by post or e-mail to email@example.com. It is recommended to contact the Press and Cultural Affairs department before handing in an application.
A further description of planned Dutch cultural activities can be found at this link to our “Cultural Agenda 2014/2015”. If you are organising an event and wish to publish it on this website, you can report it to us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also consider to post your event to DutchCulture: www.dutchculture.nl.
Sites related to Turkish art, culture and music: