Human Rights Programme
Human Rights Programme Fund call for new proposal is now open
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands invites Turkish civil society, non-profit educational institutions, lower governments and semi-governmental organizations to submit new proposals to get support for their work.
Deadline for submission of new proposals is 31 January 2017 (until midnight)
We will only assess new applications that strictly followed the instructions on our application form. Due to the amount of proposals we have to apply a strict quality control at entry. So make sure that your proposal is submitted well before the deadline as it allows us to determine if all relevant information is provided. Also make sure to respect the maximum number of lines per field. By submitting your proposal on the deadline you will run the risk of not being taken into account.
Human Right Fund
Human Rights Fund is open for applications by local NGOs, non-profit educational institutions, lower governments and semi-governmental organisations in Turkey. Twinning with Dutch organisations and with partners from other countries is allowed, but the Turkish partner organization should be the main implementer of the project.
In Turkey we will pay special attention to five themes:
- Women’s rights
- LGBT rights
- Support to Human Rights Activists
- Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility
- Freedom of information / freedom of belief
- The standard application and budget forms, found on this website should be submitted electronically to the ANK-MATRAHR@minbuza.nl address. These standard application forms should be completely filled out, otherwise the proposal will not be taken into consideration;
- Please read the instructions on our application carefully. And use the budget sheet as indicated.
- Applications are being appraised several times a year.
Not eligible for funding under Human Rights fund programme are:
- projects repeating previous projects or that were already under way before the application was submitted, please look at our list of ongoing projects on the website (include link);
- commercial activities;
- projects with a predominantly academic focus, i.e. research;
- projects that largely or exclusively involve the delivery of goods or materials;
- project with focus on infrastructural or construction;
- bursaries or scholarship programmes;
- humanitarian aid;
- feasibility studies and other research
- vehicles etc.
The following financial aspects should be taken into account when applying to the Human Rights fund programme
- Project proposals with budgets ranging from €25.000 to €300.000 may be entered, although in practice most activities have budgets with the average of € 100.000;
- Although there is no minimum, projects in general should not be smaller than € 25.000,-;
Organisations must prove that they are able to manage the project sum in a satisfactory manner; the embassy/consulate-general may request reports by auditors.
Co-financing with other donors is preferred under the conditions that:
- Human Rights Fund’s visibility is guaranteed;
- a clear, transparent description is given of the Human Rights Fund activities;
- the other sources of funding are also specified in the proposal and;
- the budget balances.
On this website you will also find the forms for progress reports, financial reports and the end-project reports.
If you are interested in the Human Rights Programme, please contact:
- The Embassy in Ankara for organizations whose head offices are located outside the Marmara Region
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Attention: Political Department
Hollanda Caddesi 5
e-mail address: ANK-MATRAHR@minbuza.nl
- The Consulate-General in Istanbul for organizations whose head offices are located in the Marmara Region (Istanbul, Edirne, Kırklareli, Tekirdağ, Balıkesir, Bursa, Kocaeli, Çanakkale, Yalova, Bilecik, Sakarya)
Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
İstiklal Caddesi 197
e-mail address: IST-MATRA@minbuza.nl